Hot Stone Massage is the ultimate, relaxing massage treatment. Hot Stone Massage is an ancient healing art that has been used in many different cultures for many years. Healers used rocks from river beds and warmed them in hot coals or water. Placing the hot stones on the body would help to relax the muscles and reduce pain or discomfort, boosting a healing process.
The Basalt stones used for this therapy are dense, volcanic stones. They hold their heat for a long time and release it slowly. They have energetic and healing properties. The stones are not shaped, they are natural pebbles from the Earth.
Choose a full body hot stone massage or a wonderfully relaxing hot stone back massage.
How can Hot Stone Massage help you?
Every body has the ability to heal itself. Stone therapy effects chemical, physical and spiritual healing within the mind, body and spirit. It goes beyond the physical experience of typical massage, promoting deep relaxation, both physically and mentally.
Hot Stone Massage involves the application of water-heated basalt stones of varying sizes to key points on the body, giving a deep massage and creating sensations of comfort and warmth. The direct heat relaxes muscles, allowing manipulation of a greater intensity than with regular massage.
This form of massage is like a passive exercise – our organs and systems having a workout while our bodies and minds relax.
It is believed that when you increase the blood flow through the skin, detoxification is increased, supporting the liver, bowel, kidneys and the lymphatic and circulatory systems. Stone massage is also known to be highly beneficial in the relief of stress, anxiety, tension and depression.
All areas of the body’s systems continue to respond for seventy-two hours after a Stone Massage treatment, during which time healing occurs within the body.
After Your Treatment
- Make sure that you drink plenty of water or herb teas which will help with the elimination of toxins from the body. Avoid or cut down on tea, coffee and other stimulants.
- Rest and relax in order to assist the healing process.
- Eat a light diet of fresh and natural foods as the body needs to concentrate its efforts on natural healing and detoxification.
- Avoid or cut down on smoking and alcohol.
Due to the nature and effects of Stone Massage treatments there are a few exercises that are ideal for increasing positive energy and helping to balance the chakras of the body. You might want to consider doing:
- Breathing exercises
- Heart disease
- Recent haemorrhage
- Active migraine
- History of thrombosis or embolism
- Nervous system disorders
- Skin diseases/disorders
- Cuts or abrasions in the areas to be treated
- Recent (past 6 months) operations/scar tissue
- Current viral infection
- Loss of feeling/sensation in the skin
- High or low blood pressure